Deadline: November 14, 2022
Applications are invited for the Health Food Policy Vital Strategies 2023 Fellowship. The Healthy Food Policy Vital Strategies Fellowship is an initiative to combat an important barrier to addressing global obesity—a dearth of research experience to guide national policies.
The fellowship, funded by Bloomberg Philanthropies, supports an outstanding doctorate. Candidates residing in Barbados, Brazil, Colombia, Jamaica, Mexico and South Africa and committed to pursuing an area of study and research that will enable them to contribute to healthy food environments through public policy.
Overall, the objective of the Healthy Food Policy Fellowship is to strengthen the health systems of the countries of focus by developing research expertise – creating a pool of qualified people to design, conduct, analyze, present and promote research – to bridge current research gaps and guide national policies for healthy food environments in Barbados and Brazil Colombia, Jamaica, Mexico and South Africa.
- The scholarship will cover tuition fees, living expenses (rent only, local public transportation and utilities), health insurance (in most cases it should be a school-recommended plan and limited only to the fellow and not dependents), travel and one-time costs such as laptop, software and books.
merit – eligibility
- Open to candidates residing in one of the countries of focus: Barbados, Brazil, Colombia, Jamaica, Mexico and South Africa. (“Residence” includes persons who are not citizens of a country and who have long-term residence in that country.)
- Demonstrate commitment to improving public policy for a healthy food environment in their country of residence.
- Currently applying, or has already been accepted, for a Ph.D. for the upcoming semester in a field that will allow them to contribute to healthy food environments through public policy – health economics, nutritional epidemiology, marketing, health behavior, etc. – from a university that meets the required set of theoretical and practical coursework and field-based research.
- Have a background in health food policy or experience in one of the above academic areas of interest.
- No conflicts of interest, including no association with sugary drinks, ultra-processed foods, or the tobacco industry.
- Step 1: Check if you meet the selection criteria.
- Step 2: Click here to download the application form.
- Step 3: Ask two arbitrators to submit letters of recommendation in English to [email protected] with the subject Recommendation letter_name of applicant_country of residence. Letters must be submitted directly by the referees before the application deadline. The referees should be very familiar with the candidate’s work and professional experience, and/or may be the current candidate or potential mentor.
- The fourth step: Send the completed and signed application form along with the CV in English to [email protected] no later than midnight (New York time) November 14, 2022. Your CV should mention your academic background, research/work experiences, and academic publications and presentations.
For more information visit Healthy Food Policy Fellowship.
#Vital #Strategies #Healthy #Food #Policy #Fellowship #Fully #Funded