You can never go wrong with making it to The Farmer’s Market in Pepper Place on a Saturday, but Saturday will be very special. Keep reading for all the deets on Super Wellness Day at the market featuring amazing guest chefs and food writers on Saturday, October 15th.
What is Super Wellness Day?
Super Wellness Day at the Market is designed to celebrate our health and wellness with food authors, guest chefs and more – helping us feel our best by eating healthy on vacation!
Healthy living resources who attend the event
In addition to chefs, authors and delicious food, you’ll find many healthy living resources coming to the market:
- Samford Macquarter University School of Pharmacy – medical examinations
- Live HealthSmart Alabama Working to improve health outcomes for all Alabams by 2030
- UAB Center for Exercise Medicine – Recruit participants to a study on exercise outcomes
- Levite Jewish Community Center in Birmingham Promote fitness, wellness and community classes
- Alabama Ballet – Promote dance for fitness, culture and society
- all of us The NIH program at UAB collects DNA from participants for international research
Food + Storytellers will be on the patio of Hot and Hot Fish Club
Now for the part that gets me excited – a lot of restaurateurs, chefs, authors, entrepreneurs, and more are part of the fantastic group of speakers who will be on Hot and Hot Patio. This is the schedule:
- 09:00 – Marty Duncan, chef, author, party planner (host)
- 9:06 am – Van Sykes from Bob Sykes BBQ, author
- 9:14 am – Don Lobo, Director of the Mayor’s Office of Citizen Assistance
- 9:21 am – Helen Jones, Chef and Owner of Grace Pizza
- 9:28 AM – Graham Butcher, R.; Hugh Daniel Director of the Birmingham Museum of Art
- 9:35 am – Kimberly McNair Brooke, Betty Living Kitchen
- 9:43 AM – Verna Gates, award-winning journalist, food author, founder of Fresh Air Family
- 9:50 am – Jonathan Tucker, owner, chef and Pitmaster at Rusty’s Bar-BQ
- 9:57 AM – Jane Ryan, owner of BLUEROOT; CROUX APP Developer
- 10:05 am – Visal Valli, owner of The House of Found Objects, 3-time James Beard Award nominee
- 10:12 AM – Chanda Temple, award-winning cookbook author, Birmingham Mayor’s Office
- 10:19 am – Elizabeth Vander Kamp, Storyteller, Creative Director, Summer RED Productions
- 10:25 AM – Valerie Thomas, VAL . Group
- 10:32 am – Nick and Jenny Nicholson, Eat Alabama
- 10:39 AM – Audrey Atkins, former Director of Community Engagement at WBHM, author
- 10:46 am Siddesh Bodrum, Chef of Anvil Restaurant and Bar
- 11:03 AM – Rahul Tadani | Executive Director – HR Sys Ops Human Resources, UAB
More fun events
This event is full of things to do and people to see. Here are just a few of the programs I’d be happy to see on Super Wellness Day:
- 8 am – Free outdoor exercise classes in the parking lot
- 9 am – Chef Siddesh Bodrum from Anvil Bar & Grill show
- 10:30 am – Why Seasonal Eating Is Better for Everyone, All-Women Panel Discussion Moderated by Market Director Lisa Beasley, with Restaurateur Helen Jones/Pizza Grace, Chef/Cooking Coach Kimberly Brook/Betty Living Kitchen, Barbara Burton/LiveHealthSmart Alabama Program Manager and UAB Nutrition Division
For a full list of everything you’ll find on Super Wellness Day at Pepper Place, Check out their website.
Want more news like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for our free newsletter!
#amazing #guest #chefs #food #writers #Pepper #Place #Saturday #October #15th #details