searching for diet Online nutrition tips can be exhaustive, and you are likely to come across a lot of unreliable sources.
Sifting through the latest “fads” often leads to following a plan or proposition that may not necessarily suit them.
Aside from the obvious “fads”, such as cleansing juices and detox teas, there are a few well-researched types of diets that people can employ if they are either looking to lose fat or simply live healthier.
By better understanding the most popular types of diets, you can determine which ones best fit your lifestyle and overall goals.
To help examine some of the most common forms of eating, nutrition expert Anthony O’Reilly from Barbend Share his guide to both the pros and cons.
intermittent fasting It involves consuming all the calories during a set time period and then fasting for the rest of the day. There are different methods of intermittent fasting, the most common being an 8:16 split — which means you consume your calories in an eight-hour eating period and fasting for another 16 hours of the day. You can also do a 10:16, 16:10, or even 6:20 split Eating: Fasting.
The concept is that you will eat fewer calories because you are squeezing them into a narrower time frame, rather than consuming them throughout the day. Intermittent fasting is the most popular diet on the internet, receiving 1.2 million massive monthly searches worldwide. Kourtney Kardashian And the Jennifer Aniston Among the many celebrities who have acknowledged the benefits of intermittent fasting.
Advantages of intermittent fasting:
- Leads to weight loss, helps improve insulin resistance, reduces oxidative stress for your cells, stabilization of blood sugar levels, and reduce the risk of strokes.
Disadvantages of intermittent fasting:
- It can be difficult to stick to in the long term due to the low energy, cravings, habits and discipline required to stick to the set time frames.
- studies The investigation of intermittent fasting also points to some of the side effects that may occur during fasting, for example, mood swings, constipation, dehydration, or lack of sleep.
As the name implies, the Mediterranean diet It is inspired by the eating habits of people who live near the Mediterranean Sea, for example, Greece, Italy, Spain etc., who have some of the longest life expectancy in the world.
The diet is rich in heart-healthy foods such as vegetables, grains, fish, fruits, olive oil and nuts. The consumption of red meat is minimized, the intake of dairy products is moderate and consists of high-quality sources such as yogurt and cheese. The Mediterranean diet is the second most popular diet online, receiving 610,000 global monthly searches around the world.
Advantages of the Mediterranean diet:
- lead to weight loss.
- Easy diet for people to stick to and when comparison For intermittent fasting and the paleo diet.
- When adhered to, the diet has also been found to reverse symptoms of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Disadvantages of the Mediterranean diet:
- The diet does not have clear guidelines on calories.
- Some foods are expensive.
The paleo dietSometimes called the “caveman diet,” it only includes eating meat, fish, vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds. Grains, dairy products, processed foods, beans, legumes, and sugars should be avoided while sticking to this diet.
The Paleo diet is the third most popular diet online, with an average of 200,000 monthly global searches. Celebrities like Matthew McConaughey, Miley Cyrus, and Uma Thurman are all reaping the benefits of the Paleo diet.
Advantages of the paleo diet:
- studies Proven to help people lose weight, lower blood pressure, and improve other blood markers.
Disadvantages of the paleo diet:
- Many researchers highlight that there is no evidence of diet’s effects on health and that more research needs to be done.
- Researchers warn against eliminating whole grains from the diet, which have been shown to protect against heart disease and diabetes.
A carnivore diet is the exact opposite of a diet. Carnivore lovers eat only animal products, such as meat, cheese, milk, animal fats, and eggs. No grains, no vegetables, no fruits. Also known as Carbohydrate free dietThis diet is the fourth most popular diet on the internet and receives an average of 126,000 monthly searches around the world.
Advantages of the Carnivore Diet:
- There is evidence that it can lead to weight loss, especially since protein increases the body’s thermogenic effect of nutrition – the energy it needs to digest food.
- Following the Carnivore diet has claimed that it can fight inflammation and prevent nutrient deficiencies.
Disadvantages of the Carnivore Diet:
- A lack of fruits and vegetables may increase the risk of heart disease, cancer, and the risk of death in general.
thanks for the Adele And the Pippa Middletonapprovals, and Sirtfood Diet Its popularity has grown in recent years. The diet focuses on foods that are high in sirtuins, a group of proteins in the body that regulate metabolism. Foods that are high in sirtuin include red wine, dark chocolate, walnuts, watercress, coffee, and extra-virgin olive oil. The Sirtfood diet receives an average of 52,000 searches per month, making it the fifth most popular online diet worldwide.
Advantages of the Sirtfood Diet:
- Many of the foods recommended in the Sirtfood Diet are packed with beneficial micronutrients and antioxidants.
Disadvantages of the Sirtfood Diet:
- There is little evidence that the Sirtfood diet leads to weight loss or improved health.
- You must follow a strict routine.
In the last years , Ketogenic diet It was arguably one of the most discussed and discussed diets. keto, as it is called in short, prioritizes fat (65-75 percent of daily calories), with moderate consumption of protein (20-30 percent) and very little carbohydrates (only about 5 percent, although some versions prohibit carbohydrates altogether). The keto diet ranks as the sixth most popular diet on the internet, with an average of 4,4000 monthly searches around the world.
The keto diet is designed to keep the body in a near-constant state of ketosis, a metabolic state in which the body produces ketones from fat to use as energy instead of sugar from carbohydrates (the body’s primary and preferred energy source). The keto diet has become more and more popular in the past few years, especially with the Hollywood elite, with celebrities like Vanessa Hudgens And LeBron James are committed to the keto diet.
Benefits of the keto diet:
- it was there Claims Keto may help treat respiratory conditions.
- It can lead to weight loss and lower blood sugar in diabetics.
Disadvantages of the keto diet:
- Several studies indicate that keto is no more effective for weight loss when calories match other diets.
It is important to note that none of these options represent everything, and the end of it all to your health needs. You can lose fat on almost any diet, as long as you are in a calorie deficit (ie you burn more calories than you consume).
Prioritize calories first, then choose a diet pattern based on your preference.
Studies have also shown that food quality is just as important, if not more, than the number of macronutrients (protein, carbohydrates, and fats) you eat.
In other words: If you’re on a low-carb diet, you need to make sure you’re eating high-quality fat and protein as well. On the flip side, choose whole grains over refined starches if you’re on a low-fat diet.
For a daily dose of 9 honey, Subscribe to our newsletter here.
Lose Weight, Live Longer: 10 Unexpected Benefits of the Mediterranean Diet
#Mediterranean #Carnivore #Paleo #Keto #Intermittent #Fasting #Sirtfood #Popular #Diets #Explained