For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, an activist medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It continued to highlight obstacles in access to health care and secured sustainable improvements in health for all policies.
The workers of this independent organization not only provide care and treatment, but also condemn violations of human dignity and rights and strive to make things better for the population living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents focusing on 5 priority areas: emergencies and crises, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced people (health rights), health and the environment.
Médecins du Monde recently conducted a fact-finding mission to countries neighboring Ukraine to assess the needs of people displaced by the conflict. As a result of this mission, Médecins du Monde took the decision to start its operations in Romania to support Ukrainian refugees and highly vulnerable populations in Romania to get better healthcare.
Roles and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the General Coordinator and in close cooperation with the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Coordinator, you are responsible for:
- Providing technical supervision for the implementation of the medical and paramedical activities of the mission
- Ensure the practical implementation of the intervention strategy, technical support, quality of treatment and the importance of activities, practices and medical information
Your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Advise and monitor the quality of patient care (monitoring and adapting protocols, identifying training needs, organizing the referral process, reviewing diagnoses, monitoring prescriptions, monitoring pharmacy management, reviewing orders and consumption, etc.)
- Create and disseminate tools, guidelines, training and outreach materials
- Provide medical and technical supervision, capacity building and support to the MdM team and partner teams
- Identify national and regional actors and lead the relevant network
- Be the technical representative of MdM with authorities, partners and other NGOs
- Implement and monitor the collection of medical data, manage and train teams, and collect and analyze medical data
- Make recommendations and proposals for modifying and adapting activities and identifying opportunities for developing new activities
- Plan resources (logistics, finance, human resources)
- Conduct sanitary and epidemiological surveillance and implement health policy at the national and regional levels
- Designing and implementing needs and impact assessments
- Partner evaluation
- Contribute to medical and paramedical components in draft proposals and donor reports
- Writing activity reports, reports and capitalization summaries
- Analysis of activity reports from MdM and partners
- Monitor the budget for these activities and contribute to building the budget
- Contribute to advocacy work
- Providing advice, arbitration and support for the actions to be taken in the event of difficulties, malfunctions and accidents related to the implementation of the medical activity
- condition : employee
- a necklace : fixed term contract
- Period : 6 months
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Gross monthly salary: €2940
- An installment equal to one month’s salary paid in two installments – minimum 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross monthly salary)
- Covering transportation costs, vaccinations and visas
- 22.5 RTT (Payback Days) per year
- 5 weeks paid vacation per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Telework Agreement for eligible teleworking jobs: 110 days/year (average 2.5 teleworking days per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week on-site
- Due to the current circumstances of the Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to implement health protocols and hygiene measures to ensure the safety of our employees.
- Médecins du Monde promotes exercises and internal mobility
- single post
Necessary skills and experience
- Diploma in medical or paramedical fields
- At least 3 years of clinical work experience or 3 years of work experience in technical supervision of medical projects
- Previous work experience with a medical NGO is desirable
- Knowledge of the healthcare system
- Ability to create and develop a network of professionals in the subject
- Ability to negotiate and negotiate with health care authorities
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent knowledge of the Office 365 package (Word, Excel)
- Languages: English is mandatory (written and spoken), French is an asset
- You embrace core values and support MDM’s proactive philosophy.
Mobile applications will not be accepted. Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the application deadline. MdM supports the inclusion of people with disabilities and fights discrimination.
How to apply
To apply, click on the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JVWuyHtt?idpartenaire=128
#Medical #Consultant #Romania #Romania