Add flavor to healthy foods

Add flavor to healthy foods

Food and drinks

Add flavor to healthy foods


Spicy brown rice and red lentils at Fit Kitchen, Muthangari Drive during interview on September 7, 2022. Photo | Diana Najila | NMG

A few years ago, eating healthy in restaurants wasn’t easy. Few of the restaurants cater to diners looking for gluten-free, meat-free, and low-fat dishes. At home, most Kenyans had to choose limited food options, mostly boiled and flavorless.

Linda Jabesh is among the gourmets striving to feed health awareness by adding flavor and creativity to their meals.

“I enjoy eating out but in 2016 it was hard to find a place that served delicious and healthy food other than my mother’s kitchen. Most of the time healthy food is boring food that is just boiled with no salt or flavour.

Says Ms. Jabesh, who started young in her mother’s kitchen baking spinach chips and protein muffins six years ago.

“When I was getting my master’s degree and pursuing entrepreneurship, I made a pledge to make healthy food delicious.” “Everyone loves to eat delicious food,” she says.

At the Fit Kitchen on Muthangari Drive in Nairobi, brown rice, curried lentils with grilled vegetables, and crunchy arrowroot served with a black bean burger are on the menu. These foods are healthy and traditional but cooked with more flavour.

Burger

Falafel burger with cubed arrow root from Fit Kitchen prep menu at the establishment along Muthangari Road during the interview on September 7, 2022. Photo | Diana Najila | NMG

Fit Kitchen is a restaurant and meal service company.

The roots, for example, are crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. She says these foods are suitable for those who follow a gluten-free lifestyle to lose weight or have intolerances. Besides providing a space where diners can enjoy meals, it also prepares meal menus for customers.

Chicken Fajita Salad is one of the meals on the menu. They also have date and almond balls, snicker bars made with hummus and dark chocolate, and peanut butter cups made with dark chocolate.

The concept of meal prep is similar to what athletes, fitness enthusiasts, families and kids use to stick to their healthy dishes and not get caught up in the cycle of eating out and adding unnecessary calories.

Fitness enthusiasts have realized that only 20 percent of weight loss has to do with lifting weights and exercising. The remaining 80 percent of a person’s journey to a healthy body depends on nutrition.

Meal planning and meal planning to make sure a person eats the right amount of calories has shifted from a lifestyle trend.

“Eating healthy and dieting is no longer a trend, it’s becoming a lifestyle. More and more people globally are self-aware and taking care of themselves. If you look at the number of young people who are exercising, it is high,” says Ms. Jabesh at Fit Kitchen, Beautifully designed with hints of African prints.

Salad

Chicken salad with honey and mustard vinegar from the Fit Kitchen menu at the establishment along Muthangari Road during the interview on September 7, 2022. Photo | Diana Najila | NMG

“When you eat clean and food doesn’t taste good, you tend to slip into hearty, hearty meals,” she adds.

My favorite dish was brown rice and lentil curry with grilled vegetables. There was an extra serving of carrots, but quinoa would work, too.

They also have sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes cooked with different herbs and spices.

“What we do is turn boring healthy food into something that looks very appealing to the eye but is still very tasty,” she says.

[email protected]

#Add #flavor #healthy #foods

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.